What is a footprint?
A carbon footprint is the total amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions for which an individual or organisation is responsible.
Footprints can also be calculated for projects, events or products. Footprinting has proven itself to be valuable
tool as it as understandable indicator of environmental performance. It has been used to benchmark businesses, products and, provide metrics to manage emission reduction projects.
Footprinting is just the first step to reduce carbon emissions
Measurement of the initial environmental performance is just the first step in developing a carbon management and reduction plan. The key components include:
- Design the footprint (choose the appropriate standard and boundaries)
- Collect the data and the calculate the footprint
- Benchmark and identify the reduction opportunities
- Agree a target and establish the reduction project
- Report the footprint and execute the reduction plan<
- Review and repeat on a regular basis
Using our methodologies, experience and tools we can help you through the process of developing
and implementing a comprehensive plan to measure, manage and reduce the carbon footprint of your business, product, project or event.